About the Course
This Primavera P6 Professional training leads you through the entire project life cycle, from planning to execution. You’ll develop a thorough understanding of how to plan and schedule.
- Create and schedule a project.
- Assign resources.
- Adjust the project schedule.
- Execute and control the project.
- Add activities.
Benefits to You
Enrolling in this course will help you understand P6 Professional’s basic features and functionality so you can apply them to your organization’s project management processes. You’ll also learn how to manage projects on time and within budget to ensure optimal outcomes from capital and resource investments.
Explore Project Management Fundamentals
All workshops and instruction stress the three basic elements of project management: schedule, resources and costs. At the end of each day, you’ll apply the concepts and functionality you learned in a case study. The course is divided into three sections: Creating a Project; Scheduling the Project; Project Execution and Control.
Use P6 Professional
The course uses P6 Professional, Primavera’s Windows-based, client/server application. It is appropriate for those using P6 Professional either as a stand-alone application or as part of P6 EPPM.
Please note that this course uses the P6 Optional Client (Windows-based client).
- Create a project
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Add activities
- View calendars
- Create relationships
- Schedule the project
- Assign constraints
- Format schedule data
- Define roles and resources
- Assign roles
- Assign resources
- Analyze resources
- Optimize the project plan
- Execute the project
- Create reports
- Understand data structures
Who Should Attend
This course targets Project Managers, Project Control Managers, Project Control Engineers, Planning and Scheduling Engineers, End Users, Business Analysts, Functional Implementer, Quantity Surveyors and others interested in managing projects successfully or willing to contribute to project success.
In What Industries
Government, Real Estate Development, Aerospace, Defense, Engineering and Construction, Manufacturing and Industrial, Oil, Gas and Petrochemical, Power and Water Utility Plants, Education and Training, Retail, Financial Services, Information Technology, Telecommunication, Media Production, E-Business Enablers, Marketing and Sales, Pharmaceuticals, Environmental Management, Hospitality Management, Shipbuilding and Repair Yards .
Understanding P6 Data
- Describing Enterprise and Project-Specific data
- Logging In
- Opening an Existing Project
- Opening and Customizing Layouts
Enterprise Project Structure
- Describing Components of EPS
Creating a Project
- Create a project
- Navigating in the Projects Window
- Viewing Project Details
Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
- Defining a Work Breakdown Structure
- Creating the WBS Hierarchy
- Describing an Activity and its Components
- Describing Activity Types
- Adding Activities
- Adding a Notebook Topic
- Adding Steps to an Activity
- Assigning Activity Codes
- Viewing a Network Logic Diagram
- Relationship Types
- Creating Relationships
- Performing a Forward and Backward Pass
- Describing Float
- Applying an Overall Deadline to a Project
- Apply a Constraint to an Activity
Using Reflection Projects
- Creating a Reflection Project
- Merging Changes
Formatting Schedule Data
- Grouping Activities
Roles and Resources
- Describing Roles and Resources
- Viewing Dictionaries
- Assigning Roles to an Activity
- Assign Rates on Roles
- Assigning Resources
- Adjusting Budgeted Units/Time
- Displaying the Resource Usage Profile
Optimizing the Project Plan
- Analyzing Schedule Dates
- Shortening a Project Schedule
- Analyzing Resource Availability
Baselining the Project Plan
- Creating a Baseline Plan
- Display Baseline Bars on the Gantt Chart
Project Execution and Control
- Describing Methods for Updating the Schedule
- Using Progress Spotlight
- Statusing Activities
- Rescheduling the Project
- Describing Reporting Methods
- Running a Schedule Report
- Creating a report with the Report Wizard
A certificate of completion will be issued to those who attend and complete the program.