Our Client is looking for a Planning Management and Control System Manager (PCM) for their operations in Dubai, UAE.
Engineering degree required.
Working towards or membership of a recognized professional engineering body is preferred
- Minimum 15 years working for a contractor, client or PMC
- Must be proficient in managing multiple projects of a value up to 500M AED (US$ 140M)
- Minimum 5 years working in the UAE
- Must be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of project construction processes.
- Working knowledge of Dubai authority approval processes is desirable
- 3 years working for a client and/or a PMC is desirable
- Proficient in latest industry software scheduling and project management tools
Roles and Responsibilities
The Planning Management and Control System Manager (PCM) is a key role within the client property development department. The PCM must oversee, manage and control all aspects of the departments scheduling and budget, risk management, reporting and document control including revalidation of processes and procedures. The PCM must be able to work under his own initiative to ensure he has all the relevant information from all stakeholders to ensure schedules are developed and updated, reports are accurate and timely and the departments systems are updated in line with the latest initiatives.
- Responsible for Project Controls (Planning, Scheduling, Baseline Management / Progress Reporting, Cost Estimating, Cost Control, Risk & Opportunity Analysis and Change Order Management) for all Company Projects
- Responsible for development and update of Project Controls Policies, Procedures and Standards; and ensure compliance of procedures by all projects managed by PDD
- Devise, implement and maintain a robust Integrated Project Controls System for PDD including the incorporation of any new software or industry standard project management tools.
- Develop and maintain a master schedule that inter connects all master plan activities.
- Prepare periodic reports for ongoing projects to Management
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and control of the annual budget for all department projects managed by PDD
- Provide project cost estimates to project team and Management
- Liaise with Finance department / Project Teams / Vendors to monitor expenditure against approved budget
- Responsible for Cost Control, Forecasting and Cost Reporting of all projects managed by PDD
- Provide guidance, and challenge on all deliver / implementation plans for all project activities
- Monitor progress and provide guidance on corrective measures / recovery plans.
- Responsible for earned value management; provide expert advice on accuracy of Contractor’s project forecasts based on assessment of project actual costs incurred and physical progress achieved
- Advise project teams on contractual admissibility of change orders and provide quantum analysis
- Perform forensic delay and quantum analysis on claims submitted by the Contractor
- Participate and report in project review meetings. Ensure that all relevant information is extracted from meetings and reports with contractors/consultants/PMC and updated on the master schedule
- Ensure the compliance of Planning, Progress Measurement and Reporting Procedures / Guidelines / Recommended Best practice by the project teams
- Maintain historic / trend data and support estimates / forecasts for schedule and cost