CostOS at its core was designed for large Enterprises that want consistency and centralisation of their estimates and estimating data. The developers of CostOS were pioneers in enterprise software development and were amongst the first ones globally to develop Solutions over the Jboss Application Server (Java for Enterprise Software). This fact gives CostOS a very strong footprint and sets its within the very few Estimating Products that can operate and deliver maximum results within a multi user environment.
CostOS Enterprise offers some unique capabilities and complies really well with large and very large organization demands:
With CostOS Enterprise:
- Multiple Estimators can work on the same estimate real time and experience true collaboration
- Roles can be defined for the different Estimators, enabling or restricting them to perform specific tasks. E.g. A junior estimator cannot price items exceeding $1M
- Flexible report writer enables the users to produce any kind of reports or analytics their organization or management is looking for
- The central database can be deployed over Oracle 11g, SQL or MySQL
- Integrated processes can be provided linking the estimate with Project Controls, Accounting, Procurement etc due to webservices technologies
- Organizations can add as many seats as they want and grow their knowledgebase quickly.
- A global knowledgebase can be built allowing comparisons between different countries / cities as well as cost optimization in regards to procurement and fabrication locations
- Consistency in the estimates can be achieved, even from company offices in different countries
CostOS Standalone was built for individuals, Quantity Surveyors, Estimators or Consultants that want to differentiate and provide distinguished services to their clients. In addition large organizations can acquire one or two CostOS Standalone licenses in case their estimators have to work in remote areas (e.g. Mining sites or Offshore Platforms) and push back their work or data they collected to the Enterprise Database when back at the office.
CostOS Standalone works on a single PC and over a MySQL database (which is provided for free). Flexible pricing allows the user to select whether or not to enable the advanced features of the CostOS software. Hence the following versions are available for CostOS Standalone:
This is the very basic version of the system used mainly for detailed estimating. Still it can be a starting point for companies or individuals that want to stardise their estimating processes and data. It can be used for testing of the software from large organizations or for data collection before deploying the solution into larger scales.
CostOS with BIM Module
This module enables the quantity takeoffs on 3D models from various designing systems. Mainly for the building sector, this module massively accelerates estimating.
CostOS with GIS Module
This module enables the quantity takeoffs on maps. It is a really powerful feature for early phase conceptual definition of projects as well as for infrastructure projects, pipelines, highways etc.
CostOS with Assemblies Development Module
Assemblies sit at the core of CostOS and can accelerate the production of estimates as well as used for value engineering options.
This version of CostOS includes all the above mentioned modules in the standalone version of CostOS.