Asta Development is a leading international developer of project, portfolio and resource management software which provides solutions for managing any size and any type of project. It has proved its capabilities over the years on high-profile projects throughout the world and is now used by thousands of planners in a wide variety of industry sectors in the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific and the US.
Launched in 1988, Asta Powerproject is well-proven as an easy-to-use, powerful professional project management system. It is used to manage all aspects of projects such as producing tender plans, delivering against the contract program, reporting progress to clients and management, controlling costs and resources, mitigating against the risk of delay and disruption, and producing robust schedules that reflect exactly what happens on site.
Asta Powerproject is available as standalone software for individual users, networked software and as a multi-user system for managing complex projects where three or more planners need to work on the same project at the same time.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to allocate costs and resources to tasks and then to report on these allocations using histograms. Create Project Cash Follow report and they will also be shown how to compare and report against planned vs actual data using baselines. Resource leveling and modeling is also covered.
Who Should Attend
This one-day course is for individuals who would like to learn how to manage Resource & Cost planning and controlling in projects. It’s a practical course focused on resource management and using the tactical tool to improve Resource and Cost Skills. This course target is mainly for Resource Managers, Cost Control Engineers, Project Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, Project Managers, Enterprise and Project Risk Managers, Project Control Managers, Project Control Engineers, Engineers and Planners, Information Technology Managers.
In What Type of Projects
Construction, Technology Organizations, Civil Engineering, Public Sector, Facilities Management, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Financial Services, Consultancy Firms.
- How to Categorize Project Cost and Income Library
- Effective Cost and Income Modeling (fix, time base, unit base)
- Top down and Bottom up Cost Planning
- Cost and Income Distribution to Project Tasks, Cash Flow Analysis
- Formula Creation for Cost and Income Categories
- How to Categorize Permanent and Consumable Resources Library
- Effective Resource Modeling (duration, productivity rate, man hour, allocation calculation)
- Project Resource Demand Management
- Project Resource Availability, Allocation and Over Allocation Analysis
- Resource Leveling
- Resource and Cost Integration
- Resource and Cost Histograms
- Controlling Resource and Cost Against Target Plan
- Earned Value Analysis, S-Curve Reporting based on Resource, Cost and Income
- Creating Effective Cost and Resource Reports (excel, html, xml, pdf)
- Analyzing Enterprise Project Case Study in Asta