TILOS (TIme LOcation System) is planning software for managing linear construction projects, basically utilities and infrastructure projects. It can be used in different construction industries, like Highway, Railway, Metro, Fast Tram, Pipeline and Tunnel Construction, but also in Water Engineering or Transmission Line Building.
Traditional planning systems display their results in bar charts or network diagrams. Linear projects present unique challenges because the crews and equipment move along the construction right-of-way to perform their work. Permits, environmental constraints, construction related issues and risk elements are easily incorporated into the plan to give a single overall view of the project. Neither of the traditional diagrams are able to show a graphical link between the location where the work is performed (the distance axis) and the time when it is executed (the time axis).
TILOS is used to incorporate design details, construction challenges, risk elements and your project schedule in a single view. It is fully integrated with the leading CPM scheduling tools. It is simply the best tool for planning and managing linear projects.
Who Should Attend
This course target is for Project Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, Project Managers, Enterprise and Project Risk Managers, Project Control Managers, Project Control Engineers, Engineers and Planners, Information Technology Managers.
In What Type of Projects
Highways, Roads, Railways, Metro, Tunnels, Pipelines, Ducts and Culverts, Power Transmission, Solar Cells, Wind Farms, High Rise Buildings and any type of linear project.
- Creating and using calendars
- Further library elements and exchanging library items
- Layer and filter techniques, Sorting and Grouping
- Time based Gantt Chart and Distance based Gantt Chart
- Task Dependency tables based on Predecessors and Successors
- Data exchange between TILOS – Excel, Primavera, MS Project, Asta Powerproject
- Resource and cost planning & controlling on time – distance axis
- Task calculation with resource assignment
- Evaluation: cost and resource histograms / resource bar charts
- Linear progress management: Baselining, Comparison of planned and actual data
- Multiple project and Contractor management
- Mass Haulage Planning and Controlling
- Clash detection management
- Creating and working with own project templates
- Analyzing Linear Project Case Study in Tilos