“Facilitation Skills for Project Managers” assists project managers to be effective and interactive while facilitating their groups and to stay focused on accomplishing projects with success.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Enable Exchange Of Information
- Ensure Projects Are Moving Forward
- Work Collaboratively To Remove Barriers And Reach Consensus
- Run Smoothly Projects And Teams.
Who Should Attend
This course target for Project managers who is responsible of leading projects, programs or major initiatives and also for Chief Executive Officers and all other CxO, Finance Managers, Human Resources Managers, Project Managers, Engineers and Planners, Cost Engineers, Quantity Surveyors, Document Managers, Information Technology Managers and any project team member or individual who wants to become an effective project team member and eventually a project manager.
In What Industries
Government, Real Estate Development, Aerospace, Defense, Engineering & Constructions, Manufacturing, Industrial, Oil, Gas & Petrochemical, Power & Water Utility Plants, Retail, Financial Services, Information Technology, Telecommunication, Pharmaceuticals, Environmental Management, Hospitality Management, Shipbuilding & Repair Yards and FMCG.
- What is a facilitator?
- Facilitator Role Vs. Project Manager Role
- The Facilitative Project Manager
- Basic Facilitation Skills
- The Facilitative Rainbow
- Facilitator Influence and Group Behavior
- Cross-Cultural: Dynamics and codes
- Helpful Attitudes & Values
A certificate of completion will be issued to those who attend and complete the program.